Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Typical Day

Today was much like most days at our house. We all woke up and had breakfast together. Then we read scriptures and had family prayers. Jared started working on his computer while I did housework and played with Kendi.
In the afternoon, after Kendi's nap, Jared and I were both working in the office while Kendi was supposedly watching cartoons. Kendi would pop in every so often and was doing a good job at entertaining herself. But after about 20 minutes or so we realized that we hadn't seen Kendi in while and she was being very quiet. This is usually a sign of mischeif for Kendi. Jared left to go look for her.
After hearing Jared laugh and say, "LeAnn, you've got to come see this," I knew that Kendi was up to some creative new game that she came up with to keep herself busy.
Sure enough, like always, Kendi knows how to make us laugh so that we can't be mad at her for anything. She had opened the diaper wipes container on the couch and was taking them out one by one and wiping her doll's bottom and then going into the kitchen to throw each wipe away in the garbage can. She was going back and forth with each wipe. She had used up nearly half the container before we got to her. I told her that she was a good mommy, but we need to put the wipes back into the container. Luckily, I had just been to the store so the only thing in the garbage were plastic bags. I helped her put them back and we all got to work.
Kendi surprises us with something funny on a regular basis. I'm so grateful for these typical days that we have. I enjoy being at home with Kendi and Jared where it is safe and warm. I know that we are very blessed.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That is HILARIOUS! She is so cute! I can picture her doing that with those cute little brown eyes. LOVE HER!