Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lake Water

Lately, I've been calling Aydri "Trouble Monkey." Monkey because she is a climber and Trouble because she's always in a sticky situation.

We took the kids to the Lake at the Hills to swim with their cousins. Kendi had a blast. Aydri must have had a blast, but it was miserable for Jared and I. Aydri preferred to have her face at the bottom of the lake-bed. I could not keep her head above water. She would try to run in the water, which is hard for anyone to do, and fall on her face. I had to have my hands and eyes on her the whole time. I fished her off the bottom of the lake at least six times. I was even more anxious because I couldn't keep an eye on Kendi as much as I would have like to. We won't be taking Aydri back unless we have a float tube to put her in.

Here is the Trouble Monkey getting ready to splash.
SPLASH!
We tried to teach Kendi how to float. I'm not sure how that lesson went. I was preoccupied. I do remember her saying, "Mom, watch this." She would plug her nose, close her eyes and put her chin under water.

The water was surprisingly warm and not too crowded. It's nice to have a beach close by.

0 comments: