Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Journal Post

Has is really been a month already? I don't feel like I have anything new to say and when I looked in my picture folder there wasn't anything to post. I've been feeling like we've gotten into a bit of a rut especially with homeschool and this just proves it even more. After next week we'll be taking a break until January. I feel like we'll be ready to start up again with new motivation.
It's weird to think that the school year is halfway over. I still feel like we're just getting started. I guess that's a good thing because we haven't got burnt out yet. I know that taking a break won't really be like a typical school break like it is for other kids. My kids will be asking me to do things with them all day and we'll end up doing a lot of school stuff anyway.

Jared is still working on the deck he started at the beginning of November. We've been sick and the weather hasn't been perfect so it is taking a lot longer than we anticipated. It's looking good though.

Kendi is still adjusting to school and a new home. She associates not seeing her friends as much as she used to to living in a new house, but really it's because everyone has started school and is busy. Every night lately Kendi seems to be having an emotional meltdown. A lot of her frustrations that she so dramatically sobs about are completely made up and I think she is really tired in the evenings. Hopefully it's just a stage. Despite being completely distraught last night she said Aydri could have her turn to unwrap a new Christmas book. I was shocked. I thought her breakdowns were about her having a selfish moment, but she was still really sweet to her sister.

Kendi and Aydri seem to have a bond like I've never seen before. The other day when we dropped Kendi off at Grandma's so we could take Aydri to the eye doctor, Aydri sobbed the whole way there. She kept asking for her sister. Yesterday, Aydri went to Grandma's house and Kendi couldn't stop talking about how she missed Aydri. I guess they really love each other.

Aydri is currently potty training. . . again. This time we've put her in underwear and we're not going back. We use pull-ups if we go out in public, but if she has an accident in them, even a little one, she walks funny and doesn't like it. So that feels like progress. I still have to remind her to go to the potty every couple of hours, but she has voluntarily gone by herself a few times which is a big deal, she often will ask for a diaper because she knows it's easier. We put diapers on her at night still, but one night we forgot. She made it until about 3 am before she came in crying and wet.

We are going to enjoy Christmas in our own house this year and so far it's been fun. Aydri is old enough to understand a lot of it and asks a lot of questions. Here is our Christmas card to you from us:

0 comments: