Monday, April 14, 2008

A Pleasant Weekend

Who knew that having a yard sale could be so much fun? Of coarse it helps if you make a lot of money. And I didn't have any high hopes about it either. So we were very surprised that we did so well. Our neighborhood was having a community yard sale and I had a couple of furniture things that I wanted to get rid of. I went and got a bunch of old art prints and frames that have been kicking around just to make it look like we had more stuff. We ended up selling a ton of it. Some people were making fun of us for selling Jesus art at a yard sell, but we were selling our old stuff just like everyone else. Except we accepted credit cards. I've never experienced a yard sale before so I was glad I did some research beforehand. I found out that yard salers are out at the crack of dawn and done by noon, which is exactly what happened.

It turned out to be a beautiful day and our winter-white skin got a little sunburned. We took Kendi to my parents house to take a nap and Jared and I went for a bike ride. We really enjoyed getting some exercise. I'm not as completely out of shape as I thought I was. Or maybe it was because I borrowed my sisters really nice bike.

After being zapped by the sun we were completely exhausted so we just chilled with family the rest of the day. Jared and I decided that we need to take more days off and spend more time having fun. It was really worth it.

6 comments:

STMConsulting said...

LeAnn- Hey I just read your comment on my blogspot - so nice to hear from you. Wow its been awhile. Your little girl is a dollface. I hope that everything is going well for you and Jared.
-Stacie

Meridy said...

Good job on the yard sale!

I might just give that smilebox thing a try since it is free. ;)

Meridy said...

ps. Thanks for letting me know about the potty training book. I'll have to look it up!

Becky said...

I'm glad you found me! I play with photography~more for fun than anything...I LOVE the Christ pictures we bought from you guys~Thanks!

Sheri said...

So glad that your yardsale went well! What's this potty training book Meridy is talking about? I need it.

barrettandaudrey said...

Hey, this is Audrey (Lewis) Miller. Jaelyn found my blog and through her I found yours. Anyway your little girl is darling, and I hope all is well.