Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Big Long Post & Bulloch Slaughter House

The low price on the calendars is only going to last for four more days. You can purchase them through a secure checkout to the right. Get your Christmas gifts before its too late.
______________________________________

I didn't really think we'd been up to much lately, but when I loaded my pictures onto the computer I realized that we had about 145. So, here's what we've been up to lately.

I know Aydri isn't big enough for the swings, but she had fun just sitting there.


Aydri's hair isn't falling out as much anymore like it was and some of it never did. If you look close you can see the super long stragglers. Kendi never lost any hair and had really thick pigtails by the time she was Aydri's age. Aydri was having pictures taken in a few days so I trimmed up the bottom of her hair. All of a sudden its coming in thicker. I should have done this a long time ago, but its hard to take scissors to a baby's head. It helps that she can sit up well now.
Here she is sitting up by herself playing with lots of toys. She has tons of fun.
So here are the pictures of the slaughter house. Actually, its just my parents house. As morbid as you might think it is we like to butcher our own meat. Its nice to know where it came from and who handled it and how old it really is. My Grandma bought a steer that my cousin had raised and we split it with the rest of the family. It was actually kind of fun to have the family together working for something we would all enjoy. I had a lot more gruesome pictures, but I didn't want to get beat up by the animal activists. Here is about a third of the meat after is was packaged. We were glad it was chilly enough outside to keep it cool.

This is how we package and label it for the freezers. I wrapped while Shelly weighed and labeled. Notice the piece of pizza next to me. We weren't in the mood for hamburgers.

We got a little silly. I now have a freezer full of beef, minus a Porterhouse Steak and a package of Ribs that we've already eaten.
We took a trip to Springville recently. The kids got used to sleeping in their car seats. Poor things.

Grandma Mary got MARRIED last Saturday. She married Uncle George. They were so happy. It was nice to see even more of Jared's extended family. We're so glad they have each other.
The cute couple.
Once again we went to the Pumpkin Patch.
Kendi loves pumpkins. She still talks about how she carved a kitty in her pumpkin last year.

The lighting was neat, but it didn't last very long.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

looks fun!! Your girls are sooo adorable!! love the cute pics!!

Tyann said...

I love the pictures of the meat packing. My grandpa was a cattle rancher before he passed away, and I really miss his meat!!! Of course, I am still jealous of Kendi's hair. It's amazing!