Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Girls

Here is an update on whats going on with us. Kendi is growing up fast. She loves to learn and asks lots and lots of questions. She surprises me with how serious our conversations are sometimes. She uses phrases that I wouldn't expect from a three year and then sometimes she says things that could only come from a three year old. A few days ago, she woke up before I did and came in and sat on the bed. I asked her if she was going to be happy today because the day before was a rough one. I tried asking her why she was so sad before and she responded, "I must of had some trouble in me." She likes to side-step things that I confront her with. Like if she's about to eat something she's not supposed to, I'll tell her not to get it and she'll say things like, "But mom, I'm just going to hold it." I'll tell her no and then she say, "But mom, I just want to look at it." Sometimes she'll go as far as saying, "I just want to lick it." lol

Aydri is growing fast too. She's not doing the hand to mouth thing so much. Instead of wanting to suck on everything she wants to study and explore. I used to be able to use the computer while I held and fed her, but now she wants the computer. She reaches and leans with her arms outstretched the whole time she's sitting there. She rolls and scoots all over the floor to get to what she wants. She still prefers to be down where she can play instead of being held. She started eating vegetables this week and so far doesn't really like them, but we keep trying. I have to laugh at the faces she pulls. She can be a very quiet baby like when she wakes up from her naps I have to check on her because she doesn't make a sound. But when she wakes up in the morning she will squeal for an hour even though she's tired. Its like she's saying, "I'm here and I'm still awake!" Kendi is a big helper with Aydri. She would like to take care of her by herself. They love to play and laugh together. Sometimes Kendi will say things like, "She pinched me!" or "She's pulling my hair!" I just have to laugh.


We're always busier than we like to admit we are. I'm hoping things slow down when the weather turns cold. We're looking forward to all the upcoming holidays. Kendi is having a hard time deciding what to be for Halloween. One day she wanted to be an elf. Then she wanted to be a cowgirl, then a princess, then a cupcake or a butterfly. She'll make up her mind and then see something else. I've been working on a Cinderella costume because I have most of the stuff already. I think store bought costumes are adorable on babies, but as kids get older its so much more fun to have something homemade. It really gets us in the Halloween spirit. Its fun to see her get excited about something we worked on together.

2 comments:

Tulsi said...

I made my kids costumes pretty much since Brie was a baby 22 1/2 years ago until Mikele was 14. Last year Mik got a costume I didn't like. She was "little Miss Muffett" with a short skirt that I had her modify. So far, this year I haven't heard if she will be anything this year". Brie is always saying that when her kids need costumes, she will come to the play cloths box. Mikele used to make something up and we'd go look at patterns and I'd end up with 2, trying to make whatever was in Mikele's head. One was "the Evil Queen of Red Roses". She won first prize in a contest. She should have been a costume designer. I'm not loving the fabric of the store bought ones. Brie made Addi a tutu so that she and Brie can be Ballerina's this year. Brie did several dance companies until her first year of college and has tons of costumes. I'm not one to dress up with the kids. Wish I was, but........I didn't love it as a kid.

I LOVE "I just want to lick it". That is so funny.

Tyann said...

What adorable little angels you have. Aren't three year olds crazy?! Gotta love them. That's cool that you're making your costumes. I agree with you. We're working on a vampire and dead bride right now. I can't wait to see your little Cinderella.