Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Uncle Brandon, Rest In Peace

Jared lost his uncle Brandon a couple weeks ago. He had suffered from MS for 20 years. We know he is learning the gospel on the other side like he was never able to learn here. Someone mentioned to Jared that his Uncle was proud of his artwork. One thing we know for sure is that Kolob Care and Rehabilitation Center will never be the same.


Brandon Jay Barnes, 57 years old, passed away Feb. 3, 2010, at 6:30 p.m., from complications attributed to his multiple sclerosis (MS) he has been ailing from for the past 20 years. He passed away while in the care of Kolob Care & Rehabilitation Center, in Cedar City, UT. Kolob has been his kind care provider for almost 10 years. Brandon was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He was baptized on Nov. 19, 1966. He graduated from Blair High School, of Pasadena, Calif., in 1970 and started his career in metal fabrication welding and diesel mechanics. He enjoyed tremendously working with his hands, repairing, and building engines and other mechanical devices. Brandon is survived by his mother, Mary Eriksson Cannon; his two brothers, Jeffrey Nowell Barnes and Matthew Scott McKinley Barnes; his sister Claudia Lynn Boggs; and his son, Brandon Oliver Barnes, of Southern California. His father, Warren J. Barnes, preceded him in death in August 2008.

4 comments:

123123 said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. If there's anything I can do, please don't hesitate to call! We love you guys!

Carol Davis said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I worked at Kolob from 2004-2006. Brandon was very nice to me while I worked there.

Linda said...

I'm also sorry to hear that. On the bright side he can now walk once again. I know he had a rough go of things. This has got to be hard on the whole family.

The Teagan Times said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Uncle Brandon. I bet he is dancing right now.