Saturday, August 9, 2008

All the Way from China

WARNING: This is a bragging post.

This past week Jared and I spent some time up north. We went up for the LDS Booksellers Association Convention. We did not go as vendors this year because Cedar Fort, Inc. is carrying Jared's images for us now. So this year was much more enjoyable than last year.

Cedar Fort held a dinner the night before the convention started. They featured Jared and some other artists and authors. It is so fun to meet other talented and knowledgeable people. I've got it pretty easy. I just sit there and enjoy the food while listening to these people give presentations. Jared did a wonderful job with his. They also introduced the software that Jared and Bryce Mortimer have been developing this last year. It is truly amazing stuff they've been working on. Anyone with a retail business can have an amazing website very easily. We will be converting Jared's site over asap so I'll tell more about that as soon as it happens.

After the dinner, Jared and I went in to Cedar Fort's warehouse to pick up some products of Jared's images to sell. We were surprised at the amount of items they have of Jared's art. When they handed us a box I was like, "Jared, your name is printed on that." I don't know why it hit me so funny, but then Jared said, "That is almost as fun as seeing the products on store shelves." They came all the way from China that way.

After that, we went up to Tammy and Adrians to stay. The convention actually started a day later than we thought it did so we ended up just playing around the next day. Tammy and Adrian were a lot of fun to stay with. It was also two buck Tuesday at Thanksgiving Point so Jared and I went down to see the gardens. They were nicely kept, but quite frankly I was disappointed.

The next day went spent the entire time at the convention. Getting the Internet to work was a nightmare, but after it was up and running things went well from there. We were there mostly to show retailers about the website software. Everyone was thrilled about it.

They wouldn't let us take kids into the convention so we had to leave Kendi in Cedar with my parents. We let her pack her own bag. It got so big that she kept saying, "I can't lift it." She had at least ten movies, two baby dolls, random shoes and all kinds of odd things.

At the convention I was a bit bored out of my mind at first, but then I got to know Bryce's wife, Jessica. It was almost weird how much we had in common. I was so grateful to get to know her and hope that we can spend some more time together.

This has been a great week for us, but we are glad to be back home with Kendi. Sometimes its nice to get away so that it feels good when things are back to normal.

4 comments:

Kristan Carter said...

That is so awesome. I am so glad things are working out for you guys. Kendi is so dang cute. I love her hair. Next time you come up North come and stay with us. We would love to have ya.

Meridy said...

That WOULD be so cool to have your own merchandise in a store! Good job.

Neal and Makensy said...

I absolutely love those pictures of Kendi (spelling???) on the side of your blog. Who did them? You will have to let me know.

Kelli said...

Oh my gosh guys, Kendi is getting so big and she is so beautiful. Sounds like you are doing great and having a fun summer. Are we doing a show this year? Let us know.