Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sad News

It seems like there has been an awful lot of tragedy surrounding us lately. It also seems like it is the strong faithful ones that suffer the most.

Most of you already know about the plane that crashed carrying ten people from Cedar City yesterday. Our hearts go out to their family members and friends. We knew several of these people well enough to know that they were great people who have left strong, faithful families behind. If you would like to witness it yourself click on Marie and Dan's blog.

I felt like had to say something about these people and what a great loss it is. All the the families are being effected in every way. I can't imagine becoming a widow just a month before my first baby was due. Or losing a husband and a child at the same time. Jared's mother has traveled on the plane that went down and knows that the pilot would have done everything he could in his power. He was a good pilot.

We are praying for them and hope that they can find the strength and peace they need through the gospel and the knowledge of the plan of happiness.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Hi Jared and LeAnn, I heard about the plane crash tonight on the news and knew that I would know people on that plane or friends and family of them. I am saddened to know that you were close with them. My thoughts and prayers are with their families and with you guys as well for this tremendous loss.

Neal and Makensy said...

I really can't even fathom how sad it all is. I didn't really know any of the passangers except for Doc. Ellsworth, but only becuase I had to go see him a few times. I am just so glad that I believe in something after this life. It always helps in these situations.

Tulsi said...

Luckily Mikele was with friends when she found this out. It was before notifications, but these girls are all strong in the Gospel and helped each other make sense of something that doesn't make sense. I didn't know any of them, that I know of, but Mikele had classes with some of the relatives of those involved with the crash. Since Steve is originally from Cedar, he did know some of them. He had to put some of that aside as he helped the Governor find our Mayor to see what could be done. I just don't know how life could be, with out the knowledge of the Gospel. Even 14 year old girls grasp that concept. It also helps that there are friends who can help eachother.