Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Day in the Life of Kendi

Kendi is very good at entertaining herself. The things she comes up with entertain us as well. One of her favorite things to do is wrap up random things and give them to us. Almost everyday Kendi will come up to us and say, "Here's your birthday present." She wraps up things like movies and baby dolls in things like kitchen towels and bubble wrap. In this picture she had found grandma's gift bags and was having the time of her life.
Kendi has never been a climber......ever. Recently I have been teaching her to put things away and keep them organized. The other day I found her umbrella on the top shelf in her room. I asked Jared if he had put it there and he said, no. When I asked Kendi how it got there she told me she didn't know. The next day, I saw her playing with it again. I asked her how she got it and she said she didn't know. I decided to probe her a little more. I asked her where the umbrella was and how it got down. All she said was, "Kendi climbed." I still don't know how she reached the top shelf, but the other day she had closed the door to her bedroom and was being really quiet. I went to check on her and this picture is what I found.
Another thing Kendi likes to do everyday is help me cook. I love having her with me in the kitchen. It makes cooking so much more fun. In this picture she was helping me stir batter for zucchini bread.
Another thing Kendi likes to do is read her scriptures. Mostly she talks in jibberish, but occasionally you can hear her say, "And it came to pass," and "Nephi." She also loves to find little places that are just her size. Most of the time she'll find a place and tell me that it is her new bed. I'll watch her playing and all of a sudden she'll lay down in some tiny spot for a second like she's trying it out and then goes back to playing.
One other thing she does a lot lately is ask for treats. I've tried explaining to her that treats aren't good for her and if she eats too much they will make her feel sick. Her response to that is, "Nope, I'm tough!"

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Those pictures are HILARIOUS! I literally laughed out loud when I saw the guitar picture! That needs to be framed along with the scripture reading one!

Katie said...

What a funny little girl! She is such a cutie. I hope that I can get a picture of my kid playing the guitar in the closet someday...

Meridy said...

That is an awesome picture of Kendi in the bookshelf! That is like art!!

Tulsi said...

Hi Leann,
I gave you an award. Come to my site to claim it. I didn't leave a link. Can I add you to my Important People? You can honestly say no if you would rather not. I completely understand.

Tulsi

Sheri said...

I love the closet picture the best! She's darling.

barrettandaudrey said...

She is darling, and what a fun life she has. Congrates and the new little one coming!
Audrey