Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"Look Dad!"

"This is my collection." That's what Kendi said when she showed Jared this picture she drew. We were a little baffled by it. Do you ever wonder if your kid is some sort of prodigy and you don't know what to do about it? Kendi is learning to write letters and I think she was copying my grocery list.
Aydri and Aunt Cari have a special relationship. Cari has witnessed a bunch of Aydri's firsts because she takes time to be with her. Cari has taught her some things that we didn't know Aydri was capable of. They sure have fun.

I didn't realize Aydri was so tired. Jared's parents just had new carpet installed and I thought Aydri would have fun crawling around in a big empty room. When I went to check on her a minute later this is what I found.
Kendi begs me all the time to let her feed Aydri. I didn't think Aydri would be patient enough, but they had a fun time. More food ended up on Aydri's shirt than in her mouth.
Kendi also decided to comb her hair. Aydri didn't seem to mind. She is such a patient little sister. Kendi would have never stood for this.
Kendi is also a big helper with the laundry. Which I love!!! She hangs all the shirts on hangers for me. She's been doing this for a long time now.
We made a little turkey for FHE. We each traced our hand and wrote what we were thankful for on the feathers.
Kendi LOVES to cook. I wonder if she will be a master chef someday. Everyday she begs me to make something with her. She goes through the cooking magazines until she finds something we have ingredients for. Sometimes I don't have time so I tell her if she cleans first we'll have time to make something and then she will clean, clean, clean. She had seen a picture of a parfait so we got some random ingredients and threw some together. My family had Thanksgiving last weekend. I didn't get as many great pictures as I wish I had. It always feels awkward to take them and then I wish I'd taken more. Oh well. Here is Aydri eating her Thanksgiving Cheerios.
This is the only picture I have of Cari and Jana. Sorry Jana. Caught you with food in your mouth.
Here is a cute one of Rob and Stac.
The kiddie table with Abby and Kendi. The Mexican culture doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving so we get to have Abby with us every year.
Here are some funny things the girls do a lot. We call this "Aydri Pose." She does it all the time.
She gets up on her hands and feet. Sometimes she will scoot her knees up and sit back on her bum by herself. I've seen her trying to do it, but haven't actually witnessed it yet. This morning I was in the kitchen and I could hear her crawling in. By the time I turned around she had already sat up by herself. Sneaky little thing. She doesn't even crawl normal yet, but she does a lot of other things.
Kendi has a whole drawer just for PJ's, but she prefers to wear her Daddy's shirts. I love it because everyday it seems that Kendi grows a little bigger, but when she puts on Jared's shirts it reminds me of how small she still is.
One of Aydri's favorite places is behind the couch. Kendi goes back there after her bath to get warm. Aydri gets stuck and tries to back out, but then cries so I have to fish her out. Once again, "Aydri Pose."
Its been a crazy couple of weeks and with the holidays I know it will only get more busy. We are also going to be selling prints at a Christmas Gift Show in St. George this weekend at the Dixie Center. Our house is currently overrun with prints and has been neglected except for Kendi's cleaning efforts. The shows are always fun, but I can't wait till its over.

0 comments: