Monday, January 4, 2010

Much of December

I decided that I better post about December because I know that I will want to come back and read it someday. As I'm sure it is for most families December is a crazy month for us. Next year I would rather have November be the crazy month and enjoy the Christmas Season more.

I was trying to get a picture of both of the girls. Aydri wanted a closer look at the camera and Kendi wasn't done yet. Kendi not only dresses herself these days, she also likes to put clothes on Aydri as well. For some reason Kendi likes winter clothes in the summer and summer clothes in the winter.
A memory I have of my childhood is that every Saturday night we would take bathes and have our hair put in sponge rollers. We would dry our hair by sitting by the fireplace while the other sisters were getting their hair done. We would watch the Lawernce Welk Show on tv. Kendi loves digging out my moms gigantic stash of curlers and having her hair curled. Another funny thing is that my mom always has frozen yogurt in her freezer just for Kendi. Kendi calls it "sucky yogurt."

Sweet Aunt Cari was nice enough to wait in line for Santa with Kendi.
This is the first year that Kendi hasn't been terrified of Santa. She asked him for a Scooter and a Barbie with sleeves and shoes.
Here is Jared and Aydri watching the BYU game. She zonked.
Kendi and Aydri play together all the time now.
I've been trying to figure out how to take better pictures with my camera so that I don't have to photoshop so much. Lazy, I know. I got bunch of cute shots in the process.

Kendi got to decorate my mom's tree on Christmas Eve. A tradition that my dad's family has every Christmas Eve is dinner at my parents house. This year was bittersweet. Last year, we kind of knew that it might by my Aunt's last Christmas, but we were not expecting my 14 year old cousin, Shawn, to not be with us anymore either. I have a lot of cousins his age so it's easy to think about how he wasn't there. His little brother had asked if Shawn was coming back and they had told him that he was. Then he asked if he would be here before it snowed because Shawn had promised to teach him to snowboard. Sad, huh.
This was the first year since I've been married that my whole family has been together on Christmas morning. Everyone had arrived on Christmas Eve. We did the dinner, worked on a couple puzzles and Jared and Adrian stayed up all night playing computer games. Kendi had a hard time getting to sleep and I was struggling to stay awake to make sure Santa came.
Aydri enjoyed the boxes more than anything. Jared got me a paint sprayer because I have so many "projects" that I want to paint. This will be really fun.
Here is Christmas from Gpa Darryl, of coarse.
Cari got some presents from Chad that were wrapped in "Redneck Wrapping Paper" and "Hillbilly Deluxe." Very funny, Chad!
Kendi couldn't wait to dress up in her Princess Dresses and ride her Scooter.
Aydri is going to be a climber, something I never had to worry about with Kendi. Funny how different kids can be.

2 comments:

123123 said...

Those are some seriously cute pictures! We sure love you guys and can't wait to see what this year will bring for us!

Kristan Carter said...

Cute pictures I am glad you took the time to update. Looks like things are going great...Happy New Year