Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Kendi's First Ballet Review

Some friends of mine started a ballet class with a bunch of little girls in our neighborhood. The whole thing was completely volunteer. I loved how it worked out. We all tried to chip in somehow and everything seemed to get taken care of.
It was so fun to watch these little girls learn the dances. They took it very seriously and were so cute in their little outfits every week.
They were able to perform four dances for their review. I knew some of the kids would just stand there when it came time to perform so I bribed Kendi. I told her we'd get snow cones if she danced her very best. She did really well. I'm so proud of her. I wish I knew how to upload videos, but I don't have time to figure that out right now.
Just to remember, the dances they performed were Run, Run, Run, Beauty and the Beast, Tapioca and an Irish Dance.



A special thanks to Cheryl and Chalise. I don't think they realize the impact they've had on these little girls. They are such beautiful dancers and the girls want to be just like them.

0 comments: