Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day Forty One

Fresh, clean floors! This is the first of another three cement pours. Once again we had great helpers yesterday. I didn't know they were going to show up so I didn't go out to take pictures till this morning.
Here is the infamous stairwell that they tried to pour also. Unfortunately it blew out. They had to break up all the concrete and dig it all out to start over.
Pretty, little window well. Concrete appeals to me for some reason.
This finished floor is where the basement living/school room will be. Yes, we are planning on homeschooling our kids. I'm going to have to find a way to light up this room as it is seriously lacking in windows.
Thanks to Uncle Dave and our buddy Paul for helping. Great people.

2 comments:

Tyann said...

Leann, you are adventurous, doing your own house! I don't think I would have the patience. It looks like where you are building is the area that was our second choice. Good luck with it all!

DeLange said...

You need to check out K-12 online. It is public/homeschool. It is free and you get all of the supplies that you need to teach. I am impress with the curriculum. Check it out, the web site is www.k12.com