Friday, September 10, 2010

A Load of . . .

We went after a load of wood on Labor Day. I haven't been up the mountain much this year so I was excited. Kendi had fun exploring the creek while we worked.
Aydri was not used to wearing shoes or jeans or long sleeved shirts or walking on uneven ground or having bugs buzzing everywhere. At first she was excited to go explore too.
She became very frustrated. She tried to sit on a log like everyone else was doing and missed. That was the end of it for her. She was miserable and sat in the truck the rest of the time. Poor thing, she'll get used to it.
Grandpa Bulloch, the lumber-jack.
Felling a tree. Saying that sounds so funny to me.
Cari got the coveted job of stacking wood. I was always envious as a kid because my oldest sister always got this job. I thought that some day it would be my turn. Now my younger sister is doing it and somehow I got skipped.
On the drive up to our camp spot to have dinner the kids fell asleep. We were hoping for a nice dinner with dutch oven cobbler. When we got there some bees had made a hive in the fire pit. My mom decided to burn them out. Bad idea. They were not happy with us. They would not let us eat our food. They were swarming around us and landing on the kids. We couldn't eat and get out of their fast enough.
So, I figured out that my stock lens was super crappy. I always thought that I just didn't know how to take pictures very well. I switched to my long range lens and it takes better pictures, I just can't get very close. Sure glad I figured that out.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

that's why I wasn't too bummed that the stock lens was what I had stolen. seriously get the f1.8 50mm. it's fixed so you can't zoom at all...but it's awesome for out of focus backgrounds and such. and it's like $100. Or get a sigma 24-70mm f2.8 lens. I rarely take that one off because the range is awesome! but it's about $400.