Friday, September 10, 2010

Day Thirty Six

Today is the second day we've spent back filling around the foundation. I wanted to get a picture of Jared using what we have nicknamed "the thumper." I don't like the kids being around the backhoe unless they are on it so I gave up and took them home.
My mom and I took turns spraying the dirt. It has to have the right water consistency to compact just right.


I'm usually slow and methodical about the way I do things. Some people think I'm timid because of this. If I'm not careful bad things happen. Today, after spraying brainlessly for hours I got careless. It didn't help that I was wearing over sized insulated gloves that were hard to work in. I picked up the nozzle of the hose, not realizing that I had it facing the wrong way. Yes. . . I sprayed myself point blank in the face with full water pressure. At first I didn't know what had happened. It certainly didn't feel like being splashed with water. I'm surprised my contacts were still in my eyes. And then I heard my dad say in a confused tone, "What are you doing?"

0 comments: