Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cabinets

Please pardon the dusty floors and the tools scattered everywhere. We finally finished installing the cabinets, but the counter tops are not on yet. If you notice the cabinets match the board and batten around the room.

I thought this bump in would be a good place to add extra cabinets since our kitchen isn't huge. Jared designed this nice desk layout. There are outlets inside them so we can keep electronics out of sight. I'm big on hiding clutter. It will be fun to find an antique chair to sit at this desk.
Here you can see the bar and the wall cabinets.
Here is the other side of the bar. The sink will go in the middle. You can see the laundry room through the doorway.
I wasn't sure what I wanted for a railing and we didn't have it in our budget. We loved this newel post when we saw it, but it was a lot more expensive than the others. After trying for an hour to pick everything out we came across this newel post that was all broken up. They let us buy it for half the price and we were able to fix it. We really like how it turned out and think that it ties into the board and batten.
Someone should pick up that broom and use it.

2 comments:

Meridy said...

I LOVE white/cream cabinets and dark wood floors! That's what I would do if I built a house.

NICE desk area!

Linda said...

The cabinets are beautiful! I enjoy seeing the updates on your house. I'm excited to see it when it's done, but probably not near as excited as you are. :)