Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Paint Dilemma

These are not great pictures, but it shows some of our progress. The night of Valentines Day, Jared and I stayed up late to install our flooring. We weren't feeling like we had made any significant progress for a few days so we decided to burn the midnight oil. We had a lot of fun.
Here is my paint dilemma. I fell in love with this color sample. It is Martha Stewert's Morning Fog. The sample is a really, really light gray- blue with a hint of green. I loved it so much that I didn't think to get a sample and try it on the wall before I bought a whole gallon. As soon as I rolled the paint on I knew immediately that is was not what I had in mind. It turned baby blue on the wall. I was afraid they hadn't mixed the color right. Jared (the artist, who is an expert at mixing colors) told me that it was an exact match. I even put paint on the sample and let it dry and sure enough it was a match. I want to close on the house sooner rather than later so I'm trying not the think about it right now, but it's driving me crazy. It's such a small room that it would be no big deal to repaint it, but there are so many other things to finish right now. Lesson learned: try out paint samples on the walls before you buy it and then paint the whole room. You can see in the picture where the natural light hits it, it turns baby blue.

2 comments:

123123 said...

I'm sorry to hear about the paint not working out for you! But I love, love, LOVE your floors!!! If there's anything I can help with, please let me know! After this week, things should slow down around here until April... Can't wait to see it! :)

Skye L. said...

I love the wood floor you picked out. Picking out paint is so hard, I picked out a bright blue for our bathroom and it turned out a little brighter than I was going for...luckily I still like it but so frustrating when things don't turn out how you want!