Sunday, February 13, 2011

Journal Entry

Jared is still working hard on the house and his computer work. Working on the house is not as labor intensive as it used to be though. In the beginning, Jared's muscles had really filled out. It takes a lot of hard work for Jared to build muscle. I think he has to burn through all the excess energy first.


Jared has also added a new painting to his already full plate of things to do. We are really excited about this painting. It will be a special one with Christ in it. I love how Jared works hard to make something unique, but sticks to the truth of the scriptures in his paintings. I can't wait to show you the work in progress.

I have been working on the house more now that we are down to the finishing touches. Getting the paint on the walls was the last big hurdle for me. I'm so glad that is out of the way. Jared and I took a whole day and worked into the night to get it sprayed in one day. Often, Kendi will come with me and help, which is so much fun, but I hate being away from Aydri so much. It will be nice when this is done. It's getting more and more exciting and a lot less drudgery.

Kendi had a proud moment today when she had to give a scripture in primary. She worked hard all week so that she could half recite and half read John 3:16. Everyone was so impressed that she did so well on her own. Her love for learning excites me to start homeschooling this year.

Aydri was being really whiny one morning and I was ignoring her negative behavior. Kendi got annoyed and finally told her, "Aydri, mommy doesn't listen to whining, go try Grandma."

Aydri is approaching the "terrible two's" and I don't know how to deal with it. Kendi was the sweetest two year old. I think she was making up for her terrible first year. Aydri seems to think she is in charge all the time. To me it is funny, but to her four year old sister it is not funny. We often have days where Kendi is always asking me to put Aydri to bed. Fortunately, Kendi is figuring out ways to play with Aydri more and occasionally when it's time for Aydri's nap Kendi will ask if she can stay up longer to finish playing whatever game she has made up for the two of them.

Aydri is loving her glasses now. She started to run off without them after a bath one day and came running back and asked for them. Her eye's still aren't tracking together so we are taking her back to the eye doctor in a couple weeks. He doesn't think it's anything to worry about, but wants to keep checking on her. I can't say enough good things about this eye doctor.

My mom was watching Aydri while I worked at the house one day. My mom had gotten out of the shower and got dressed. Aydri started rubbing grandma's behind and my mom thought she was just feeling the soft fabric. She turned around and realized that Aydri had found the lotion and was rubbing lotion all over her clothes. Aydri has eczema really bad so we've made a routine where she lays on a towel after her bath and we lather thick lotion all over her. Apparently, it was Grandma's turn.

0 comments: