Friday, March 27, 2009

Must Be Some Bulloch

Last week we had some amazingly beautiful weather. I know all kids like to be outside, but Kendi love, LOVE, LOVES it. I had the back door open so we could enjoy the fresh air and Kendi was going inside and out. She had told me that she was making a bed. I assumed she was just playing with her dolls. After she had gone completely quiet for a while I went out to check on her and I found her asleep on the porch.

Yes, she is drinking from a bottle. We are trying to break a lot of bad habits that were formed when I was really sick. Kendi gets constipated and this is the fastest way to get fluids down her. She must be part Barnes too. hehe. She actually just told us yesterday that she wanted to be a big girl and get rid of the bottle, but then when bedtime came she told us she wanted to be a baby again. I'm happy to report that she went to bed without the bottle. I think we will try to get her to give the bottle to the Bottle Fairy tonight.

Kendi also told us yesterday that she wanted to learn to read. The fact that she understands what reading is and that she knows she will learn how amazes me. I'm feeling a bit inadequate with the speed that Kendi is developing intellectually.

3 comments:

Tyann said...

We just broke Jarrett of the binky a few months ago. It's a hard step for these cute little tykes. I love her bed. Sounds like something my kids would do! How are you doing these days? I feel like I never see you! :)

The Teagan Times said...

Uh that looks wonderful. I want to nap on your porch.

Kristan Carter said...

Kali still has a binky at night and I really want to take it away....but I yet to concour that battle :) Luckily I took the bottle away at 15 months...or else I would have 2 bad habits...and least we both only have one.