Thursday, September 3, 2009

August Ensign

Did anyone notice what was on page 56 of the August Ensign? We know who really reads their Ensign by who notices when they use Jared's art.

A few days ago Aydri was having a hard time falling asleep. I picked her up and rocked her and she was still struggling. I've noticed that she actually prefers to be down where she can move and play. She will even fuss if she's been held too much. So when she was getting squirmy I put her down by her toys and she rolled over and fell asleep. Funny girl.

One of Kendi's favorite things to do is go to the school playgrounds. She especially loves the slides. Kendi has been bored a bit this summer because we have stayed home with the baby a lot. We usually wait until evening to get out of the house.





We've gone up to Panguitch Lake to fish and cook dutch oven while everyone else mountain bikes down Buncker Creek. My camara died before I could get pictures of everyone.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

They are getting so big! Aydri is adorable! Sydney is the same with being held. She will actually cry if you are holding her and she is tired. She wants to be in her bed to sleep. I guess it's good but kind of funny! We'll see you guys in a couple of days!

Ben and Anna said...

so cute!! you look great, too, by the way!! And tell jared congrats about the picture!!

Ben and Anna said...

so cute!! you look great, too, by the way!! And tell jared congrats about the picture!!

RonElaine said...

I saw Jared's art - one of my favorite pieces.

That pic of Kendi is the spitting image of her. My siblings and I have drawings of us from when we were young that my mom did - I love them! They become more and more precious as the years go by. Its my first request each time we've had a baby - that my mom draw them. We have Liah's in our living room, next to one of me.

Amen! to the staying inside and having a restless toddler - some days it's just too much effort to leave the house. We should get together more often (with our jammies and bedheads) so that our toddlers can be crazy together and we can stay sane!

skinners said...

i saw jared's painting in the ensign! my mom mentioned it to me first though. your girls are so cute and you look amazing. and my grace is the same as aydri and sydney - i have always had to just put her down to go to sleep. maybe we don't snuggle enough with them because they are child number 2? :) and sorry, i didn't get your message until way too late a couple weeks ago while i was in cedar. my father-in law just got called as bishop and was going to put jared's picture in his office but they needed a small one. i didn't know until the last minute. but thanks for calling back!

your family is adorable!