Friday, September 25, 2009

Skyfest

We went to the Skyfest last week and it was a lot of fun. We had to wake the kids up early, but it was definitely worth it. Here's a groggy, but content Aydri.

The sun was just coming up as we got there.
Here's Kendi just after rolling out of bed. She wouldn't let me fix her hair. Oh well.
This is pretty much how Aydri enjoyed the whole thing.
We waited a while for the balloons. I think they were waiting for the right conditions. Kendi wasn't entirely patient. She wanted to play on the playground more than anything. But when they started blowing up the balloons she was fascinated. I had never seen this before so I was excited too. The balloons were HUGE.
Kendi's favorite was the clown balloon. Some of them had to take off really fast to clear the other balloons that were still on the ground. It was so much fun to see them lift off.
Aydri can sit up on her own, but for some reason she just chooses not to most of the time. Its funny to see her sitting forward in the bouncer. She has also figured out how to make it bounce. Something I never saw Kendi do. She really gets her feet swinging.
Kendi loves to play with her. She pretends to read her stories. Sometimes when Aydri is being fussy for me and I've tried everything, I just put her down by Kendi and she lights right up for her. They have a special relationship. Lets hope they stay that way.

1 comments:

Tyann said...

I hope your girls stay friends, too. It's so much nicer when they get along! :)
My kids saw the balloons from a distance. I bet that was so fun for you guys. We might have to grind our teeth one of these times and wake up early and go!