Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Stay-at-Home Summer

We haven't got out much this summer. With all the sicknesses going around and having a new little baby we have mostly just stayed home. We've still been having fun though. One of Kendi's favorite things to do is get the crib mattress out and watch movies on the floor. We were waiting for Dad when I took this picture.

Kendi had her first friend sleep-over. Her friend was moving and her family was still packing. They spent the night at my parents house. When we left they were both pretty wired. I thought my mom was going to have her hands full, but surprisingly they were really good.

We've been experimenting with sleeping arrangements lately. Aydri is a noisy sleeper. So we put Aydri in her crib which is in Kendi's room and let Kendi sleep on the couch. By morning Aydri was back in our room because she kept getting hungry. We started her on cereal the next day and that seems to be helping.

It only took her a few minutes to get the hang of it.
Aydri has been rolling in every direction. It is harder for her to get to sleep now because she rolls onto her tummy and then cries. I roll her back over and before I leave the room she is back on her tummy. Now I know what those wedges are for. She finally fell asleep on her tummy and I had to take a picture. She's so sweet. Even in her sleep. I worry to much about her getting enough air so I rolled her back over. Taking the picture woke her up anyway.
We rarely have a picture of all of us together. I need to be better at that.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aydri is totally a mini Jared. Everyday she looks more and more like him.

Tyann said...

What a beautiful family you have! I love all your pictures, and I hope Aydri gets better for you at night!
On another note, I feel so bad that I haven't thanked you for teaching for me a couple weeks ago. I'm sure you did great, and I really appreciated it! Thanks so much!!!

123123 said...

Hi Leann; I really hate to keep bothering you, I just wanted to say Thanks for including me in the Quilt. I think it will be lots of fun.

Also, we're having somewhat of a birthday on Saturday here at our house and we'd love for you guys to come! It'll just be food, games, pinata and cake, starting around 6. I know that's the RS Conference, so if you can't make it I understand. I had it planned before I knew about the RS meeting. But if Jared wants to bring the girls over, he's definitely welcome!!

Thanks again (sorry this is the only means I have of contacting you!) :)

Kelli said...

Beautiful family! Miss you guys. Hope all is well with you. Hugs:o)