Monday, October 25, 2010

Ballerina Bugs

Our kids are going to dress up as Lady Bug Ballerina's for Halloween. I already had Kendi's old costume for Aydri and Kendi had been begging for one in her size since she outgrew it. So, I made one to match. Right now, Aydri absolutely hates her costume and won't let me near her with it so I don't have any pictures yet.

We decided to carve pumpkins for family night. It's fun to carve something that goes with their costumes. Kendi chose to carve a Ballerina on the front of hers and musical notes on the back that would cast a shadow. She poked all the holes and even did some carving by herself. She is getting so big.
Getting a picture of these two smiling and looking at the same time is impossible. This is the best I got.
I didn't have Jared there to draw the lady bug for Aydri so I had to do it. I know it looks kind of Alienish.
For some reason you can't see the musical note shadows behind the ballerina very well in the picture. I'll have to try again tomorrow when it isn't so dark.
We had a lot of fun. I used to hate Halloween, but when you have two little girls its all about pumpkins and princesses. A lot more exciting.

2 comments:

123123 said...

Those are SO cute!! I think you did a great job on the lady bug!! :)

Ben and Anna said...

good heavens! that's talent!! and here I was thinkin' you had to have used a template from online....you amaze me!